2020 is our 10 year anniversary as an official coffee roasting business! In the emerging decade, we will certainly see some changes to the coffee industry as we know it today. Sustainability and certifications are a hot topic. "Raw" and "Natural" coffees are gaining popularity, while the ever fascinating in-home brewing experience continues to evolve. As the younger generation grows their love for coffee, the expectations among trend seekers and potential for new coffee farming areas grows too. China and Vietnam being major new players.
At PFTR, we have been on this "new" path since before the business started in 2010 with some new additions.
- In 2017, PFTR obtained our Organic certification because we felt it promotes our preference of a cleaner product using clean/sustainable methods of production.
- Our company has always been certified Fair Trade. Our name speaks to that.
- We've sourced Raw and Natural beans from Uganda while helping boost their global mark in coffee.
- We use compostable bags and deliver our compost to a local Agricultural High School. Weavers Way Co-op then sells it to their customers.
- As individuals, our group actively supports current social and political movements that will make our world a better place.
- We believe in supporting local businesses for our company needs, like our printing and paper goods.
We anticipate moving along in our forward thinking state to continue staying ahead of the trends and committing to our social mission while delivering you the best cup of coffee you can get in Philadelphia. Thank you for being part of our efforts and let's ring in the bells of the New Year together!